- Up: List all producers
- Next: ATM 622 Sun ATM Adapter
SunATM 2.0 SBus Adapter
SunATM adapters are single-wide SBus cards that conform to ATM Forum Specifications.
One implementation offers
155Mbps network bandwidth over multimode fiber and the other supports
category 5 Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) wiring.
Product Features include
SunATM adapters include an SBus implementation of the ATM SAR (Segmentation And Reassembly) function. The adapters support
the ATM SAR via a SAHI-3 (SBus to ATM Host Interface) ASIC implemented in CMOS by Sun. The adapters have an SBus
interface and accommodate modular physical interface cards. The physical interface cards are SONET multimode fiber, and category 5
The SunATM-155/MFiber adapter supports 155 Mbps operation over multimode fiber. The SunATM-155/UTP5 adapter supports
category 5 UTP wiring. These SunATM adapters will continue to be compatible with the relevant emerging standards, including
existing ATM Forum baseline specifications.
- Supports 155Mbps operation over multimode fiber or category 5 UTP wiring
- Supports SONET/SDH physical layer framing
- Enables TCP/IP applications to run transparently over ATM (IETF RFC 1577 )
- Supports LAN Emulation (ATM Forum LANE 1.0 Specification)
- Supports User Network Interface (ATM Forum UNI 3.0/3.1 Specification)
- Offers Sun interim ATM APIs for signalling and raw AAL5 frame transfer
- Gives "wirespeed" performance in standard TTCP test environment
- Implements SAR (Segmentation And Reassembly) function aligned with AAL 5 (ATM Adaptation Layer 5, pioneered by Sun
and endorsed by LAN manufacturers and ITU)
- Up to 128 transmit channels and up to 1024 open receive channels
- Offers 64bit SBus and 64byte bursts support, conforming to IEEE 1496
- Provides SNMP Agent for interface to standard management systems
- Integrated SBus/SAR ASIC SAHI3 (SBus to ATM Host Interface) implemented in CMOS
- Compatible with relevant emerging standards, including ATM Forum baseline specifications
If you are the producer of this NIC and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.