- Previous: VL 2010 VirataLink PCI Adapter
- Up: List all bus-systems
155 Mbit/s ATM adapter
For physically linking RM200, RM300, RM400, RM600-xxx
and PRIMERGY systems into ATM high-speed networks,
controllers delivering speeds of 155 Mbit/s via multimode
fiber optics and for RM300, RM400 and PRIMERGY 155
Mbit/s via twisted copper lines (UTP Cat. 5) are on offer.
Further, 25.6 Mbit/s via twisted copper lines (UTP Cat. 3/5) is
supported for all systems except for RM600-xxx. The driver
and signaling software ATM-ACCESS is necessary for RM
systems running Reliant UNIX or SINIX. The software
licence (right to use) for ATM ACCESS is acquired by
buying an ATM controller.
Functions of ATM-ACCESS:
- Support of the UNI 3.0 and 3.1 network interface
standardized by the ATM Forum
- Use of dedicated and dialup connections (PVCs, SVCs)
- TCP/IP with "classical IP over ATM"(RFC1577) is
supported for higher protocols
- LAN emulation (client) in accordance with ATM
Forum LANE V1.0 for transparent interoperation
with existing Ethernet and Fast Ethernet
- Support of all ATM-relevant MIBs (Management
Information Base) for full integration into central
- Simultaneous connection to several IP subnetworks via a single ATM link
- Support for up to 2 ATM controllers per system
- Full parallel operating mode for use on
multiprocessor systems so that available performance can be used to the full.
Documentation used to be available at:
web page used to be available at: http://www.sni.de/public/servers/com/com_us/atm.htm
If you are the producer of this NIC and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.