- Previous: PM 7346 S/UNI QJET four channel framer/processor
- Up: List all producers
- Next: PM5349 (S/UNI-155-QUAD)
LASAR 155 - ATM SAR and PHY Processor for PCI Bus
This part combines PHY, ATM, AAL-5 and PCI-DMA Controller on a single device to simplify the design, programming and manufacturing of ATM adapters. It provides a 32-Bit 33 MHz Peripheral Component Interconnect ( PCI) interface that is compliant with the PCI Bus spec Version 2.0. Features are
- Combines PHY, ATM, AAL-5, and PCI DMA Controller on a single device to simplify the design, programming and manufacturing of ATM adapters.
- Conforms to ATM Forum User-Network Interface (UNI) Specification Version 3.1, Bellcore Standard
TA-NWT-001113 and ITU-T Recommendations I.432 and I.363.
- Provides a 32 bit, 33MHz Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) interface that is compliant with the PCI Local Bus Specifications Version 2.0 and supports both bus-master and bus-slave access modes. Other 32 bit system buses can be accomodated using external glue logic.
- Implements an efficient DMA controller to manage the transfer of packets between the SAR engine and the host memory with minimum PCI Host intervention. There is no need for a local packet memory.
- The transmit and receive DMA channels support scatter/gather capabilities where a packet can be stored in non-contiguous buffers.
- Provides an 8 cell FIFO in the transmit direction and a 96 cell FIFO in the receive direction to allow for up to 270 µs of PCI bus latency in the receive direction.
- Incorporates the industry standard PMC PM5346 S/UNI-LITE to provide SONET and SDH interfaces at
STS-3c/STM-1 (155.52 Mbps) and STS-1 (51.84 Mbps) rates.
- Provides on-chip clock recovery and clock synthesis units that are compliant with Bellcore TR-NWT-000253 Issue 2 and ITU-T G.958 jitter requirements.
- Performs SONET/SDH framer, overhead and cell processing functions at STS-3c/STM-1 and
ATM & ADAPTATION LAYERS
- Supports the simultaneous segmentation and reassembly of 128 open virtual circuits (VCs) in both directions.
- Provides leaky bucket peak rate enforcement using 8 programmable peak queues coupled with sub rate control on a per VC basis.
- Implements sustainable cell rate (SCR) enforcement using a token generation mechanism on a per VC basis.
- Provides an internal VC parameter storage for both the 128 transmit and 128 receive VCs to simplify the design of ATM adapter and to sustain a high data through-put rate.
- In bypass mode, provides an 8-bit SCI-PHY compliant port to connect to an external physical layer processor such as PMC PM7345 S/UNI-PDH.
- In non-bypass mode, supports the insertion and extraction of CBR cells that carry encoded video and audio signals.
- In slave mode, provides a generic
8-bit microprocessor port for the configuration, control, and monitoring by an optional microprocessor.
- In master mode, allows for the control of two external devices without glue logic.
- Provides a standard 5 signal P1149.1 JTAG test port for boundary scan board test purposes.
- Implemented in low power, 0.6 micron, +5 Volt CMOS technology with TTL and pseudo ECL (PECL) compatible inputs and outputs.
- Packaged in 208 pin plastic quad flat pack (PQFP) package.
- incorporates PMC PM5346 to provide SONET and SDH interfaces at 155.52 Mbps resp. 51.84 Mbps.
- Provides on-chip clock recovery and clock synthesis units that are compliant with Bellcore s jitter requirements.
- provides an 8 cell FIFO in the transmit direction and a 96 cell FIFO in the receive direction to allow for up to 270 mus of PCI latency in the receive direction.
|0.65µ Low Power CMOS
|PQFP 208 Pin
If you are the producer of this chip and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.