- Previous: Low Cost, Miniature Fiber Optic Receiver
- Up: List all categories
- Next: Pre-amplifier with AGC for long reach fiber optics based 155 Mbps ATM
The MC2004B is a linear transimpedance amplifier
manufactured in an advanced sub-micron BiCMOS process. For optimum
system performance the MC2004B die should be mounted with a silicon
or InGaAs PIN photodetector inside a lensed TO can. However, the
MC2004B is also available in a special low-capacitance SO8 package.The MC2004B
reverse biases the PIN by approx. 3voltsto optimise the PINs performance. No
internal 'Microwave' decouplingcapacitor is required in the TO can.
Though intended for data communications, especiallyFDDI and ATM, the
MC2004B can also be used for analog transmission. Its low noise and differential
output provide forenhanced performance over existing devices.Features include
- Low-cost IC, available as die or in SO8 package.
- Fabricated in advanced sub-micron BiCMOS process.
- 200MHz bandwidth allows wide range of operation;suitable for e.g. 100, 125, 155, 266Mbps.
- min. -36dBm sensitivity, -7dBm saturation at 155Mbpswhen used with InGaAs PINs.
- No internal decoupling capacitor required in TOcan applications.
- 10k ohms single-ended, 20k ohms differential transimpedance.
- Operates with standard +5Volt or ECL supplies.
Technology: || unknown|
Package: || unknown 0 Pin|
If you are the producer of this chip and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.