- Previous: OC-6151 RapidFire ATM PCI 155 Adapter
- Up: List all bus-systems
- Next: PIA 155 ATM Analyzer PIA 155
RapidFire ATM PCI 155 Adapter
RapidFire 155 Adapters support OC-3/STS-3 data rates and full duplex 155.52 Mbps
communication over Multi Mode Fiber cabling.
- PCI bus-master for DMA-based transfer of data to and from the host memory with minimal
- Full implementation of the ATM protocol stack in software drivers, including signalling,
making it ideally suited for large-scale SVC environments
- Two versions of the adapter: UTP 5 or multimode fiber connector
- LED indicators for ease of management: loss of signal and link integrity
- 512 KB SAR memory used for frame segmentation and reassembly
- The CellDriver software technology features full ATM Emulation Services compliant with the
ATM Forum LAN Emulation over ATM version 1.0 specification and a full Classical IP
implementation. LAN Emulation Client included for running popular operating systems like
Windows 95, Windows NT and Novell NetWare 3.12 and 4.1.
- CellDriver software drivers can emulate up to 16 LAN adapters each running LAN Emulation
or Classical IP, making them a perfect choice for high-end ATM-connected servers
- Simple and flexible configuration of LAN Emulation drivers provides control parameters for
both ATM adapters (max. VCCs, VCI/VPI range), traffic profiles for precise bandwidth
utilization per VC and emulated LANs such as ELAN type (Ethernet, Token-Ring)
- Both PVC, SVC and mixed PVC/SVC environments are supported providing compatibility
with all major switches
- Supports HW controlled Traffic Management / Flow Control schemes. HW based scheme
uses dual leaky bucket traffic averaging providing compatibility with all major switches
- LAN Emulation Server implementing address registration, BUS (broadcast & unknown
server function) and LECS (LAN Emulation Configuration Server) ? uses a dedicated DOS PC
to provide MAC address registration, LAN Emulation control functions for ATM LAN and
automatic configuration of LAN Emulation clients.
Documentation used to be available at:
web page used to be available at: http://www.olicom.com/products/oc-615x.html
If you are the producer of this NIC and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.