Up: List all bus-systems
Network Interface Card
The Lightning ATM 25 Mbps PCI ATM Adapter cards enable a computer or server running the Macintosh
Operating System (MAC OS) to communicate with computers, file servers, printers, and other devices
connected to an ATM network.
The Lightning ATM 25 Mbps PCI ATM Adapter supports Switched Virtual Circuits (SVC),
Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVC), Interim Local Management Interface (ILMI), IP over ATM
(RFC 1577) and ATM Forum LAN Emulation (LANE).
The Lightning ATM 25 NIC is Apple Open Transport Compatible. Open
Transport began shipping in 1995 as a standard feature of Apples new PCI-based
Power Macintosh systems. Open Transport 1.1 added support for most 68030, 68040
and additional Power-PC-based systems, and was included in System 7.5.3. Open
Transport 1.1.1 adds support for the additional PowerPC-based Mac OS systems,
including 5200, 5300, 6200, 6300-series Performa, and Power Macintosh computers,
which were not supported by Open Transport 1.1. The last PowerPC-based Performa
systems, including the popular Performa 6400, utilize PCI-bus and support both Open
Transport 1.1, and Open Transport 1.1.1.
Open Transport 1.1.1 includes a series of enhancements to its TCP/IP implementation
that improves the performance and reliability of Mac OS-based Internet and Intranet
Optimized rate at which connections can be accepted and closed, increasing overall
Enhanced ability of developers to designate additional memory for Open Transport on
dedicated server machines, thereby allowing better system tuning for server use.
- 4B/5B Encoding Method
- Built in DMA bus master, taxing of CPU kept to a minimum
- Half size PCI-32 bit format card, single +5V power, single slot operation
- Standard 53 byte ATM cell per ANSI T1S1.5/92-002R3, 1TU 1.361 and ATM Forum UNI 3.0 & 3.1 specification
- Physical Layer option: ATM 25 UTP Categoty 3 through 5 support up to 100 meters
- Switched Virtual Circuit (SVC) signaling protocol
- Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVC)
- ILMI, IP over ATM, LAN emulation client
- Support for Apple MacOS Open Transport
- Dimension: 6.5" x 4"
- Weight: 4.5 oz.
- Operating Temperature: 0 C- 40 degrees C
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% non-condensing @ 40 degrees C
- Power Requirements: 2.0A max @ +5V
- FCC part, 15, Class A verification
If you are the producer of this NIC and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.