- Previous: MC2006 Pre-amplifier with AGC for long reach fiber optics based 155 Mbps ATM
- Up: List all producers
- Next: MC2042 LED Driver IC
Pre-amplifier with AGC for long reach fiber optics based 622 Mbps ATM
The MC2008 is a transimpedance amplifier with AGC manufactured
in a 0.6µ pure-CMOS process. The AGC allows >36dB
dynamic range, giving a CMOS solution to longer-reach 622Mbps
ATM/SONET systems for the first time.
For optimum system performance the MC2008 die should
be mounted with a silicon or InGaAs PIN photodetector inside a lensed
TO can. A 470pF decoupling capacitor mounted inside the TO
can, though optional, will give maximum power supply noise rejection
The MC2008 reverse biases the PIN by approx.
2.3volts to optimise the PINs performance.
Its very low noise and differential output provide for enhanced performance
over existing devices.
- Low-cost IC, available as die or in SO8 package. Fabricated in
standard 0.6µ CMOS process
- Min. 350MHz bandwidth/622Mbps datarate, >39dB dynamic range
- Min. -33dBm sensitivity, +3dBm saturation at 622Mbps when
used with 0.9A/W InGaAs PINs. (BER 10-9)
- 200 ohms to 60k ohms transimpedance range
- Differential output
- Operates with standard +5Volt or ECL supplies
Technology: || unknown|
Package: || unknown 0 Pin|
If you are the producer of this chip and want to correct/update the presented information, please feel free to register for direct database access.